Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Yarn Review

Hi,

Ever tried Knit Picks Dancing for Socks? I am working with some now and am not convinced. It took me a long time to find a stitch pattern that the yarn would work with. I found one in the More Sensational Socks book. I am using a 4 stitch pattern repeat that is a decorated cable.

I don't like the way that the yarn feels in my hands - it is a cotton, wool, elastic nylon blend. I am worried that it will be harsh on my feet. It kinks as I knit and is just plain strange. It was on sale. Now I think that I know why. I am interested in hearing what you think of it.

I just finished the Jaywalker pattern (see www.knitty.com) using Apple Laine's Apple Pie yarn. The yarn is L-O-V-E-L-Y to work with and the colors are beautiful. Go over to www.loopyewe.com to look for yourself. That's where I bought mine. I used the carnival colorway. It is soft and oh, so, fun.

I am also planning on finishing Amy E. Anderson's "Tilling the Soil" vest this weekend. It am using Cascade 220 in the Garnet colorway. The pattern is easy and fun. I wear a lot of vests throughout the winter, so am looking forward to adding this to my collection.

Did you finish your sockapalooza4 socks? I did! I put them plus other goodies in the mail yesterday. I am so looking forward to this exchange!

P.

No comments: