Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Super Sockapalooza 4 Socks Received!!!


Look what I received from Dawn - my sockapalooza 4 pal....!! I came home from work last night and found this waiting for me. What a wonderful treat! The socks are so soft and fit perfectly and the treats were very yummy! The colorway of the sock yarn (Old Rose - Cherry Tree Hill) is made up of my favorite colors. Thank you, thank you Dawn!!
I went to Stitches Midwest last week for the first time. I am going to go next year. The classes were excellent and I was able to pick up 2 sweaters worth of an alpaca/wool blend at 25% off plus three skeins of STR yarn (no discount but really, really fun colors).
I continue to plug away at my KnitPicks socks. I couldn't in good faith "cut and run" because the sock will likely turn out ok. It is just not really fun to knit with. I am also working on a sweater from Knitting Pure and Simple that crosses over in the front. I am using a Knitpicks Merino sport weight wool in the charcoal colorway. I wear a fair amount of black during the winter so will likely wear this one quite often. The wool is very soft and the sweater is knitting up quickly. I think that I might knit this same sweater for my daughter. She is getting ready to have senior pictures taken. I am thinking something in a forrest green.
Speak with you soon. P.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh good, I am glad that you like the parcel! Enjoy!