Friday, May 25, 2007

Knitting Olympics

Is knitting a sport? Should there be a knitting olympics? I think so. I would enter the marathon. My body sure would fit the profile. Skinny fingers, muscly forearms, weak eyes, reader glasses ridge on my nose, spreading hips, and somewhat curved spine. I am in it for the long haul this weekend. Better stock up on some Gator Aid and sports gel. Wouldn't want to dehydrate.

I want to make great headway on my latest lace project and finish an RPM sock. I would also like to start a vest with a pattern by Amy E. Anderson. It is called "Tilling the Soil." I bought some half-price (!!) yarn at The Sow's Ear the other day. It is a merino, alpaca blend. Sort of a heathery purple.

The niece and nephew are coming to stay Sat. night. Should be fun. The weather is wonderful. P.

No comments: