Monday, February 19, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome!

I just created this blog to reach out to you to chat about knitting and life. I guess that I should start with introducing myself to you. I am 41, a mother of two teenagers, and a lawyer. I am recently married (18 mos.! - still feels like we are honeymooners). I live in the midwest. I have been knitting since I was 8 years old. My mother, a "southpaw", took my sister and I to a local knitting store to learn to knit. I have knit off and on since then. I am looking to improve my skills. There are so many gorgeous patterns out there and wonderful fibers - I sometimes feel that my eyes are bigger than my knitting stomach!

I am currently working on a little hat for my nephew and a pair of socks for myself. I am trying to create the hat pattern as a I go along. This is the third pair of socks that I have knit - ever! So far so good.

I have a couple of questions for you. Have you found that knitting socks with hand dyed yarns is a problem from a color-fast point of view? I wore the last pair that I knit for a couple of hours. When I took them off, my toes were blue! I washed the socks in Woolite. Hopefully, this will help the situation.

What are you working on? Send me a picture! Tell me what interests you in knitting. Why are you doing it? I would love to hear from you.

Speak with you soon. Posie Knit

No comments: